This light dip is superb with these easy low-fat crisps. The crisps keep well in an airtight container – so make a big batch.
- 2 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Baked pita crisps (recipe below)
Warm Mushroom Dip:
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat; stir in mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and onions sauté until tender and the liquid given off by the mushrooms has evaporated, about 5 –7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer; mix in sour cream, dill weed, paprika, salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened and warm.
- Serve warm with pita crisps, multigrain, low-fat crackers or breadsticks
Baked Pita Crisps:
- Cut 2 whole wheat pita bread in half horizontally with scissors or a serrated knife.
- Cut each half into 8 triangles.
- Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet; bake at 400ºF(200ºC) for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tip: Substitute 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh minced dill for the dried and garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Baked Pita Crips Variation: Tortilla Crisps – Substitute 4 small whole wheat flour tortillas for pitas.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 61
- Sodium: 139 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Keywords: Warm Mushroom Dip, Hearty Mushroom Dip, Mushroom Dip, Quick Dip Recipe, Baked Pita Crisps, Healthy Snacks, Chips and Dip Recipes