Mushrooms, tomatoes and herbes de Provence add flavour to the poaching sauce for salmon fillets. Herbes de Provence is a seasoning found in most supermarkets. Serve over mashed potatoes to complete the meal and absorb the delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms (crimini, white, shiitake), thickly sliced (5 cups)
- 1/2 Cups chopped onion
- 1/2 Cups dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 4 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Chopped parsley or pea sprouts (optional)
In large 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence; bring to boil. Arrange salmon in single layer on top; sprinkle remaining 1 tsp herbes de Provence evenly on salmon. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer over for 10 minutes or until fish flakes readily with a fork. Spoon mashed potatoes onto dinner plates; flattening slightly. Top with salmon and spoon mushroom sauce overall. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or pea sprouts if desired.
Excellent source of vitamin E, B6, B12, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and magnesium.
- Calories: 448
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 34 g
Keywords: Poached Salmon, Poached Salmon Dinner, Easy Poached Seafood Dinner