A classic Italian recipe for a busy weeknight meal, to serve for a family dinner or that special Sunday lunch. Tender moist chicken fillets meet beautiful succulent white button mushrooms with hints of thyme and rosemary and a delightful sauce simply from the juices and butter of the pan.
- 320 g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoon Evo oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1/2 pound cleaned white button mushrooms
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/8 glass of white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Take chicken breast fillets and place on a sheet of plastic wrap, leave space in between for expansion. Place another sheet of plastic wrap over the fillets and with the flat smooth end of a meat cleaver pound from the center of the fillet out to the edges lightly until somewhat flattened, about less than an 1/8 inch in thickness.
- Place pounded fillets onto a plate and season both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl pour in flour, season with some salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
- Take the pounded seasoned chicken fillets and dredge in the flour, coat all sides and give it a gentle shake to get any excess flour off. Do this for the rest of the fillets. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a medium sauté pan drizzle in 3 Tbsp. Evo oil, and place in 1 Tbsp. butter, bring to a medium to high heat, place the floured fillets, along with a thyme and rosemary in and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn over and do the same for the other side. You want to see a slight golden colour on them. Turn off heat and take out of pan and put on a dish and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan as you cooked the chicken, drizzle 1 Tbsp. Evo oil, and throw in whole pressed garlic, and a pinch of red chili flakes. Swirl pan then turn heat to a medium to high setting. When garlic starts to sizzle, add in the mushrooms sprinkle in half the parsley, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10 minutes, then add wine., stir and let it dissipate.
- Add in the chicken and 1 Tbsp. butter and let that simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Garnish with the rest of the fresh chopped parsley. Discard garlic.
- Turn off heat, place chicken and mushrooms onto a serving platter and top with the sauce from the pan.
Keywords: Dinner, Chicken and Mushrooms