Looking for a weeknight meal that comes together in a snap? These Mexican-style baked potatoes combine all the fun flavours of Mexico into a meal the whole family will love.
Recipe developed in partnership with Ontario Beef.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 8 oz (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (225g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package of Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 tbsp adobo peppers in chipotle sauce, puréed
- 1 can (769 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C. Pierce potatoes, several times, with a fork and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until softened all the way through.
- While potatoes bake, place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms, onion and beef, for approximately 10 minutes. Add garlic, Tex-Mex seasoning, adobo peppers and tomatoes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes allowing flavours to combine and sauce to thicken.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise and spoon in the meat mixture. Top with black beans, corn cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro. Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Keywords: Hearty Mushroom Potatoes, Savoury Loaded Baked Potatoes, Loaded Baked Potato, Baked Potato with Chili, Baked Potato with Cheesy Broccoli, Mushroom Baked Potatoes