Bread based recipes can be a great addition to the holiday table. The Brunette Baker is sharing her recipe for a crave worthy Cheesy Garlic Mushroom and Jalapeno Pull Apart Bread. The addition of mushrooms in this classic recipe provides added nutrition and delicious goodness.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 4–6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped and sautéed
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- First up, preheat your oven to 350ºF. Next, finely chop your mushrooms and jalapenos and sauté them with a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the loaf using a sharp serrated bread knife. Crosshatch your loaf, taking care not to cut through to the bottom. You essentially want to yield one-inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil. This step will serve as double duty. You’ll need this when you’re ready to bake as well as catch all the goodness that gets stuffed into the loaf. Put this aside.
- In a microwave-safe container, melt the butter in the microwave. Once melted, add in the finely chopped garlic along with the salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir well.
- Brush your loaf with the melted butter mixture, making sure to get it into all the crosshatches. Next, stuff each of those crevices with shredded cheese, followed by a half a teaspoon or so of mushroom and jalapeno mixture, and top with more cheese. This process will take some time, but it’s so worth it.
- Once all the crosshatches are filled with cheese and mushroom mixture, tightly wrap the loaf in the foil. Bake for 30 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and warm through. After this time, remove foil from the top and pop back into the oven for another 10 minutes to allow the loaf to crisp up. Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool slightly before enjoying.
Keywords: Cheesy Garlic Bread, Garlic Bread