For an easy way to entertain, bring dinner to the table in this all-in-one platter presentation. This Health Check reviewed recipe is as beautiful to behold as it is to eat.
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp EACH dried Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 sweet red peppers cut into chunks
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. Beef Top Sirloin Grilling Steak (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together chicken broth, honey, olive oil and Italian seasoning in bowl. Season with generous pinch of each salt and pepper.
- On large rimmed parchment paper-lined baking sheet, toss red peppers, mushrooms and zucchini with half the broth mixture. Set remaining broth mixture aside.
- Season beef with remaining salt and pepper; place on top of vegetables. Place under broiler about 3 inches (8 cm) from heat; broil until lightly charred, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven; toss vegetables and turn beef over. Return to oven and broil for 7 minutes. Remove steak and let rest. Stir corn into vegetables; broil until vegetables are charred and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions; drain and toss with remaining broth mixture, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Spoon onto warm deep platter; top with charred mixed veggies. Thinly slice beef across the grain and arrange over veggies.
BRIGHT IDEA: This recipe uses the oven broiler, to sear thick-cut steak and colourful veggies to perfection – all at the same time, in just one pan. Now that’s easy!
Keywords: Dinner, Mushrooms and Pasta, Charred Beef Steak and Veggies with Orzo Pasta