These juicy turkey burgers are extra satisfying when blended with 50% mushrooms and topped with fresh, creamy Avocados and Swiss cheese.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 hamburger buns
- Toppings: Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
1. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large bowl combine mushrooms, turkey, seasoning, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/3 lb), and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
3. Place patty on warmed bun and top with sliced avocado, spinach, tomato and red onion.
Keywords: Blended Turkey Avocado Mushroom Burger, Mushroom and Turkey Burger