Sink your teeth into a delicious burger made with a 50/50 blend of lean ground beef and finely chopped mushrooms.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 hamburger buns
- Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
1. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
3. In a large bowl combine mushrooms, beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties, and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
4. Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Keywords: Blended Classic Beef Burgers, Mushroom and Beef Burger