Slow cookers make preparing dinners like this chilli a breeze and reduces the amount of added fat or oil.
- 8 oz fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef, crumbled
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Combine the mushroom mixture, ground beef, green pepper, red pepper and beans in a slow cooker.
- Stir the diced tomatoes with the tomato paste, chilli powder, seasoning blend, cumin and salt until well combined.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10 hours.
Tip: Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onion and serve with tortilla chips or in a bread bowl for a fun and tasty dinner.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 203
- Sodium: 622mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Meals, Easy Chilli Recipe, Mushroom and Beef Chilli, Easy Slow Cooker Recipe, Comfort Food Dishes