Blending finely chopped mushrooms and lean ground beef give burgers an incredible texture and flavour. Even the biggest meat lover will be asking for seconds.
- 8 oz fresh button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- Traditional toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard
- Place the mushrooms and oats in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the beef, seasoning blend and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Form the mixture into six 4-inch patties.
- Set a greased grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the burgers on the pan, and cook, without turning, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip burgers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve on hamburger buns with traditional toppings.
Variation: For a gourmet cheeseburger replace the Cheddar with crumbled blue cheese and garnish with caramelized onions.
Tip: Chill the patties for 30 minutes before cooking on an outdoor grill to ensure they hold together well and flip easily.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 315
- Sodium: 677mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24.5g
Keywords: Quick Easy Burger Recipe, Cheeseburger Recipe, Kid Friendly Burgers, Delicious Cheeseburger Recipe, Mushroom Cheeseburger, Burgers, Fresh Smash Burger