This one-skillet dinner is a delicious and quick meal idea for busy families on the go.
- 8 oz fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups extra broad egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese spread
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley or chives
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, ground beef, seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the skillet; stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Cook, covered, for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese spread and peas.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 448
- Sodium: 688mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: Savoury Skillet Meals, One pan meals, Mushroom skillet, Creamy Cheesy Skillet Meals, Kid Friendly Recipes, Simple One Pot Meals, Mushroom and Beef Skillet