Combine everyone’s two favourite takeout orders into one homemade meal you can feel good about serving thanks to a fifty-fifty split of mushrooms and beef.
- 8 oz fresh button mushrooms
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 ball prepared pizza dough
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella Cheddar Blend
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushroom mixture, ground beef, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the mushroom mixture is browned.
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C). Roll the dough out, on a lightly floured surface, into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Stir the tomato sauce with the barbecue sauce and spread over the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese over the sauce; top with mushrooms mixture, tomatoes and red onion.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Stir the mayonnaise with the mustard.
- Sprinkle the lettuce over the pizza and drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cut into portions and serve immediately.
Tip: Place the mayonnaise mixture into a plastic resealable bag and snip off a small portion of the corner. Pipe the mixture over the pizza to get an even drizzle.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 315
- Sodium: 690mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 16.5g
Keywords: Cheeseburger Pizza, Fun Pizza Recipe, Hearty Beef and Mushroom Pizza, Mushroom Pizza,