Add a flavourful twist to burrito night by blending half the beef with finely chopped mushrooms.
- 8 oz fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium refried beans
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked Spanish rice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Cheddar cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the ground beef; pulse until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, Tex-Mex seasoning and mushroom seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes until the mushroom mixture is browned.
- Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Spoon in rice, and top with the mushroom mixture, lettuce, salsa and optional guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, and roll up burritos.
- Coat a hot nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the burritos, seam side down, and toast on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
Keywords: Beef and Mushroom Burrito, Mushroom Burrito Recipe, Summertime Burritos, Tex Mex Recipe, Burrito, Mushroom and Beef Recipe