This elegant appetizer features a luscious wheel of brie topped with a medley of sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and fragrant herbs, all baked to perfection. With every creamy, oozy bite complemented by the earthy richness of mushrooms, this dish is a guaranteed showstopper at any gathering.
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced Mushrooms (white or crimini) 250 g
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions 125 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts 50 mL
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced 1
- 1/2 tsp Each dried thyme, rosemary and pepper 2 mL
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- 1 (200g) wheel cold Brie cheese 1
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley or chives (optional) 25 mL
- Finely chop mushrooms, onions, walnuts and garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper in food processor.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushroom mixture for 5-7 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
- At serving time slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally and place cut side up on oven -proof serving plate or baking pan. Spoon the topping evenly on cut surfaces of Brie. Bake in 350ºF/180 ºC oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is beginning to melt. Sprinkle parsley or chives on top to garnish if desired. Serve with thinly sliced whole wheat baguette or plain crackers.
- Prepare and chill the mushroom topping to have on hand for spur of the moment entertaining. Baking and serving on oven -proof platter keeps the cheese warm while eating.
Keywords: Baked Brie, Mushroom Brie, Brie Appetizer